1. DRIVER’S AGE: The driver must be over 21 years of age in order to rent a vehicle from ICARUS.
2. DRIVING LICENSE: A valid European or International driving license held for at least one year is required from the driver.
3. PAYMENT METHOD: A valid credit card is necessary in order to settle the agreement for the rental period.
4. DEPOSIT FOR GUARANTEE: If a credit card is not accepted by ICARUS or if the driver does not have a credit card, therefore a valid debit card will be needed to settle the agreement for the rental period, also a deposit in cash for guarantee will be needed which will be fully refunded at the end of the rental period, provided no other charges arise. Deposit for guarantee: a)Car: 400€, b)Scooter: 200€.
5. RENTAL PERIOD: The rental period is counted for 1 day as 24 hours, 2 days as 48 hours etc. The renter will be charged with a minimum of one day rental if he exceeds the agreed rental period.
6. DDITIONAL DRIVER: There is no extra charge for any additional driver.
7. INSURANCE: All vehicles of ICARUS are insured against Third Parties for property damage. Excluding: a)Driver and passenger of ICARUS vehicles, b)ICARUS property.
8. ROAD ASSISTANCE: All authorized drivers of ICARUS vehicles have 24/7 road assistance.
9. LIABILITY: All authorized drivers of ICARUS vehicles, are liable for any damage on ICARUS property that will take place on their rental period. Therefore all authorized drivers of ICARUS vehicles should return the vehicle at the same condition as at the beginning of the rental period. In case of damage in ICARUS property, regardless renter’s liability or not, the renter is obliged to pay in advance the whole amount needed to cover the damage and it’s expenses. After following the formal procedure, verifying that the accident was not caused by the renter’s conduct, a full refund will arise.
10. KILOMETERS: There is a limit of 100 kilometers per day for 1 or 2 days rental period. An unlimited mileage package can be purchased for 25€.
11. TRAFFIC FINES: All fines are the driver’s responsibility and therefore are being settle through ICARUS by charging the renter.
12. ACCIDENT: In case of an accident, the renter must inform ICARUS and the Police, and submit to ICARUS the registration card of the police. If the accident is caused by the renter’s conduct, a 15€ charge will arise for administrative expenses.
13. TRANSPORT BY SHIP: Only with prior written approval of ICARUS.
14. RENTAL OFF-FRONTIER: Only with prior written approval of ICARUS.
15. FUEL: The renter is obliged to return the vehicle with the same amount of fuel as at the beginning of the rental period. No refunds will arise in case of more amount of fuel in the vehicle at the end of the rental period. A charge of fuel difference will arise if the vehicle returns with less amount of fuel from the start of the rental period.
16. BOOKING CANCELLATION: Every booking that will be cancelled 72 hours prior to the start of the rental period will be refunded. Every booking that will be cancelled in less than 72 hours prior to the start of the rental period will not be refunded.
17. C.D.W. (COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER): All authorized drivers of ICARUS vehicles, can reduce their liability for damage to the rented vehicle to a minimum charge of 700€ by paying 5€ per rental day. Damage to the wheels, underside part of the vehicle and glass are not covered.
18. S.C.D.W. (SUPER COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER): All authorized drivers of ICARUS vehicles, can reduce their liability for damage to the rented vehicle to a minimum charge of 400€ by paying 10€ per rental day. Damage to the wheels, underside part of the vehicle and glass are not covered.
19. W.U.G. (WHEELS.UNDERSIDE.GLASS): All authorized drivers of ICARUS vehicles, can reduce their liability for damage to wheels, underside partof the vehicle and glassto a minimum charge of 400€ by paying 10€ per rental day.
20. F.C. (FIRE COVER): All authorized drivers of ICARUS vehicles, can reduce their liability for damage to the rented vehicle in case of fire to a minimum charge of 400€ by paying 10€ per rental day.
21. T.C. (THEFT COVER): All authorized drivers of ICARUS vehicles, can reduce their liability for total theft of ICARUS vehicle to minimum charge of 400€ by paying 10€ per rental day, if not they are liable and obliged to pay the equivalent amount of money of the present value of the vehicle in case of total theft of the vehicle. Theft cover for scooters is not possible.
22. GPS: Available on request with a daily charge of 5€.
23. SNOW CHAINS: Available on request with a daily charge of 5€.
24. BABY/CHILD SEAT: Available on request with a daily charge of 5€.
25. PICK UP/DROP OFF: a)Pick Up at Athens Airport, Piraeus Port and Rafina Port is charged 20€. b)Drop Off at Athens Airport, Piraeus Port and Rafina Port is charged 20€.
26. WORKING HOURS: Pick Up outside working hours will be charged 20€.Drop Off outside working hours will be charged 20€.
27. FLEET AVAILABILITY: ICARUS reserves the right to provide a different car model to that originally booked, of an equivalent or higher model type.
28. FORBIDDEN: a)Car: Overnight sleeping inside the vehicle. b)Scooter: Use the scooter for delivery services of any product. Use the scooter outside the limits of Athens district. Use the scooter in highway. The excess of 80klm per hour driving limit. As a consequence of breach the prohibitions will be expenses that will arise against the authorized drivers of ICARUS vehicles, based on the wear or damage that the vehicle has suffer.
29. RENTAL AGREEMENT: ICARUS reserve the right to change or cancel any rental agreement for any reason at any time during the rental period.
30. VEHICLE LOCATION: All vehicles of ICARUS are supplied with global positioning system, all authorized drivers of ICARUS vehicles accept it’s use.
*All prices include VAT.