CAR RENTAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Reservations: All reservations are made by category and not specific model. In case of unavailability of confirmed reservation, ICARUS reserves the right to provide the customer with a larger category car without charge of the customer.
2. Driving Licence: A valid license issued at least 1 year ago is required. Non-EU citizens are required to have an international passport license together with the presentation of the standard license.
3. Driver’s age: For categories A, B, C minimum age 21 years and for all other categories 25 years.
4. Payment method: For all categories the tenant must present a credit card accepted by ICARUS to cover the amounts relating to the guarantee and the payment of the cost of the rental (for non prepaid reservations).
5. Deposit for guarantee: Upon pick up of vehicle, ICARUS will preauthorise an amount from the driver’s credit card as a deposit for guarantee which will be fully refunded at the end of the rental, provided no other charges arise. Pleas note that the refund can take up to 14 days, depending on the issuing bank of the credit card. The amount of the deposit varies according to the car group.
Cancellation of the reservation must be at least seventy-two (72) hours prior to the scheduled commencement of the rental of the vehicle. If you wish to cancel a reservation, the only acceptable method is through communication.
The following charges will apply to cancellations of reservations:
In case of a cancellation notice received by ICARUS at least seventy-two (72) hours prior to the scheduled start of the vehicle rental according to a reservation made on this booking engine, all funds will Returned.
In case of cancellation notice received by ICARUS in less than seventy two (72) hours prior to the scheduled commencement of rental of the vehicle, no amount of money will be reimbursed.
7. Deliveries – Receipts outside opening hours: Charge €15
8. Deliveries – Receipts out of stations: deliveries and receipts are made upon request. The charge for intra-city is €0. For deliveries of receipts out of town the cost is 25 € + vat plus 1,45 + vat per km. Airport charge 13% of the total, before taxes and fuel.
9. Additional Guide: The first additional driver is provided free of charge. The charge for the next one is 2 €/day.
10. Fuel: The lessee must return the car with the same amount of fuel that it received. If the car is picked up with less petrol than the starting petrol, the customer is charged the fuel difference. No return is given if the car is returned with more fuel than it was received. Vehicles are delivered with a minimum ¼.
11. Kilometers: Prices for 3 days or longer term rentals include free kilometers. For 1 or 2 day rentals The rates include a limitation of 100 km/day. If the tenant desires a free mileage, he or she may choose the free mileage package at a charge according to the applicable price list or the additional mileage will be charged upon return of the vehicle for a charge of 0.10 + vat per kilometre for passenger or 0.15 € + vat per km for minivan Br.
12. Baby seats: Available only after booking and at a charge of €5 daily upon availability.
13. GPS: Available only after booking and at a charge of €5 daily upon availability.
14. Snow chains: Available only after booking and at a charge of €3 daily.
Vehicles are insured against third parties for property damage to third parties (excluding a) of the driver and passengers (b) of the vehicle of ICARUS)
16. C.D.W. COLLISION Damage Waiver: The renter is fully exempt from liability for any damage to the car:
• Over €600 + VAT after accepting and signing the relevant terms of the company’s contract for categories A, B, C
• More than €900 + VAT after accepting and signing the relevant terms of the company’s contract for the Cargo Van categories.
Prerequisite, driving according to the Highway Code. Not covered by any safety, damage to tyres, damage to the lower part of the car, and theft of personal items.
17. S.C.D.W. SUPER COLLISION Damage Waiver: The renter is fully exempt from liability for any damage to the car:
• More than €300 + VAT if you accept and sign the relevant terms of the company’s contract and pay the amount of €6 in addition to the CDW, for each day of rental for categories A, B, C
• More than €450 + VAT if you accept and sign the relevant terms of the company’s contract and pay the amount of €12 in addition to CDW, for each day of rental for the Cargo Van categories.
Prerequisite, driving according to the Highway Code. They are not covered by any safety, damage to tyres, damage to the lower part of the car, or theft of personal items.
18. W.U.G. WHEELS UNDERSIDE GLASS COVER: Tyre coverage and crystal breakage:
The renter is completely exempt from liability for any damage to the tyres or crystals of the car if they accept and sign the relevant terms of the company’s contract and pay the amount of:
• €10 for each rental day for categories A, B, C.
19. F.C. FIRE COVER: The renter is fully exempt from liability for any damage to the car in case of fire or theft if it accepts and signs the relevant terms of the company’s contract and pays the amount of:
• €10, for each day of rental for categories A, B, C
The main prerequisite for the above is the non-proof of negligence (car unlocked, etc.).
20. Roadside assistance: ICARUS cars are covered 24wres by road aid. Contact details will be given to you from the station.
21. Accident: In the event of an accident the tenant must inform the company as well as the police and submit to the return the registration card of the police. In case of accident of fault of our client, it is charged with €15 for administrative expenses of accident file.
22. Fuel Service Charge: €12
23. Calls – fines: calls and fines from administrative offences are charged to the tenant.
24. Rental Off-Frontier: Only with prior written approval of the ICARUS.
25. Transport by ship: only with prior written approval of ICARUS. No insurance is covered by any damages caused to the rental car during the transfer.
26. Taxes: All prices and charges listed on the form are charged with VAT and in some stations a city tax of 0.5% is payable on the price of the rental.